Sunday 16 November 2014

Theatrically Paranormal

When I arrived at the Capitol Theatre at 1:30am to join the GMPS investigation, it was very cold and Moncton’s Main Street was all but deserted.  After texting and banging on the door for what seemed like an hour (lol it was probably 5 minutes), Dwayne greeted me and led me to the stage where my team was settled in with the echovox and recorder.  I didn’t know anything of what had transpired, nor did I want to – my first priority was to walk through the building, assisted by Charmian with a video camera, and relate my empathic impressions. 
We started in the basement.  Charmian offered to give me information on the history of the building, but I refused, wanting my impressions to be as unbiased as possible.  I knew a fireman had died there long ago, and there were rumours of a young girl also losing her life in the building – but this is unconfirmed.  Immediately, I was attracted to the far end of the basement to my left.  No surprise really, as this is the location of the Capitol Theatre’s furnace – an area with a lot of electrical power.  Often, especially when first trying to sense spiritual energies, I will be drawn to strong energies of ANY sort.  Before I’m “warmed up”, I just can’t tell the difference, lol.  After a good giggle over this, Charmian pointed out where the fireman had died – buried under the collapsed stage in the basement.  I was surprised to not feel or sense any type of energy or spirit communication there.
Next, we went to the women’s bathroom on the second floor.  I’d always felt something strange there, even when I was quite young, and that night was no different. After getting spooked (hilariously) by the paper towel sensor, I explain my feeling of a dark and remnant energy in the ladies’ washroom, as if a spirit was left there, or abandoned somehow. 
We then went to the balcony seating area in the theatre. 
 I felt there that a spirit CHOSE to reside there.  The highest point of seating area was most attractive to me – this is where I attempted EVPs.  During this session, I heard an odd moaning noise and some cracking noises from an area of the ceiling, but after the evidence review we learned that nothing was captured.  One oddity, however, is that what WAS captured from the investigation was in that exact area.  It coincided with my feeling of a spirit living/sleeping in that area of the Capitol Theatre.
We then went underneath the stage, where some strange things were heard using the Ovilus.  The energy felt somber there.  The only other energy I sensed was something akin to “imposed respect”, almost as if a religious or pagan group had blessed the area. 
I took pictures throughout, but none of these returned evidence.  During much of the review, we did not believe anything had been captured, but we were pleasantly surprised in the end…  

Find out the investigation results documented in our Lead Investigator Lindsay Isenor's blog 

Check out our pics of the investigation on the new GMPS Flickr album






 



No comments:

Post a Comment